Intro to the Blog

Hello fellow bloggers and sports enthusiasts,

My name is Patrick Clines or Pat as I'm normally called at times and this blog is about the sports that are happening during the spring semester at Florida Gulf Coast University (FGCU).

Bio about me: I'm originally from Chicago, Illinois, but now I reside in Bradenton, Florida, where I have lived since I was nine. I graduated from "THE" Manatee High School in 2010.

I am 25 years "young" (Yes when students see me, they say I look like I'm 20 and when I tell them my age, they would be shocked. I would be shocked too if I found out I was that age).

I have grown up around sports since I was a kid and my family played different sports. I played basketball mostly in high school, my sister played softball, my mother played volleyball and softball in high school and my father played professional baseball in the 1970's.

I currently go to FGCU as a journalism major, but prior to FGCU, I was enrolled at a junior college called State College of Florida (SCF) as a music performance major doing choir and musical theatre, where I graduated with my associates degree in liberal arts and sciences.

When I was enrolled at SCF, I went to all five of the sports that they had and have been a "good luck charm" for all the athletes.

After I graduated from SCF, I took a year off from school to get job experience, and after nine months of work experience at a department store, I was finally enrolled at FGCU as a junior.

Originally, when I came to FGCU, I was initially enrolled as an music performance major, but when I found out the classes I need to take, I found it overwhelming, so journalism was my backup plan and stuck with it.

During my time with FGCU for my first year, I signed up as a Dirty Bird and would always go to every sporting event on campus ranging from volleyball to tennis. No matter where I go, whether it is on my way to class or by the sport complexes, I will run into an athlete and pretty much all the athletes at FGCU know me by my first name.

Aside from going to all the sporting events, I also like writing poetry, singing in choir or solos and I know American Sign Language (ASL) on the side.

So as you read this blog introduction, you now get the idea of what these blogs are all about.

Each blog will talk about the following sporting events that will take place throughout the school year.

While the blogs talk about each sport, it does not necessarily mean it will just be game coverage. It can also talk about the athletes I talk with, and the experiences they have with their sports or in life itself.

In addition, all photo and video credits in any form can vary from either a website or from the individuals in person that took the photos.

I will be posting blogs on the sports at FGCU.

During winter and summer break, I will be taking a brief hiatus until school starts, but if FGCU has sports continuing through the summer like baseball or softball, then it will continue until their seasons are finished.




photos above: Top left: me with now senior Breana Stampfli of the women's tennis team, top middle: me with now senior Andres "Andy" Alfonzo, top right: me with last years women's tennis team, bottom left: me with the last years men's tennis team, bottom right: me with this years women's tennis team after their FGCU Tennis Spring Invite

6 comments:

See You In The Pit said...

I like that you have set up your blog in which the reader can decide how they would like to view it. However, it makes the page very bland and empty. Your subtitle "Talking about the remaining sports at FGCU in the spring semester" could also you a little more work to draw attention for readers. I think it is a great concept to write about and the page itself just needs a little polishing.

Matt Rothman said...

I really like your idea for the blog. I really think you have some interesting ideas that you could use for your blogs. As a big basketball fan, I have seen you at many games and feel like you have a connection with most players. I really think it would be cool if in the beginning you did some blogs about the basketball team. They are doing really well and I think lots of people would be interested to hear from some of the players.

Pat Clines said...

I appreciate the feedback. I'll will make sure to do what I can for the next blog or so

Unknown said...

Love the idea of the blog! I like how you'll not only be covering games during the semester, but the athletes themselves. It gives a very personal feel to your blog and it shows how much you respect the athletes and the sports they play. I agree with Matt's comment on your attendance at basketball games. Whenever I see you at the games you are always cheering the team on, so I'm sure your reports on them would be very interesting to read.

MAVEN PINIELLA said...

HI Pat! I love your page mostly because I know you are very passionate about sports , so naturally this is the perfect page for you ! I do think as I see in the comments above it could use some color! I think if the page matched your excitement towards the subject you would have the perfect blog. I'm not a huge sports fan but I would definitely check out the blog because its not just game coverage but also a little bit of getting to know the athletes

MAC McCallister said...

Great page. Look forward to learning about the athletes.

Featured Post

Bobo-McKenzie Named Head VB Coach

Bradenton, Fla - Following Lynn Burnett's departure to run the indoor and beach volleyball program at New College of Florida and an exte...